At Lexmark International, a global enterprise technology company, I led numerous initiatives for the Worldwide Marketing team.
1) I planned, managed and executed a complex B2B nurturing lead generation program that spanned five verticals and three personas, plus developed content aligned to the customer journey;
2) Helped successfully launch 40+ new products (Lexmark’s biggest launch in history)
3) Handled corporate website rebranding efforts from a brand voice and copy perspective
4) Developed a content marketing /social media strategy and marketing program
5) Interviewed key customers, industry analysts and more to write case studies, blogs, etc.
As Worldwide Marketing Manager for Nurturing Demand Generation Campaigns, I successfully launched Lexmark’s comprehensive, event-triggered nurturing/lead generation campaign. I managed efforts of our outside agency and internal team of SME/content strategists—which required work that was wide in scope and short in turnaround time. Responsibilities included:
- Developing messaging strategies — The brand campaigns manager and I created message maps for several vertical markets: banking, government, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing and retail —which were further segmented by three buyer personas.
- Directing the communications agency and freelance writers — I provided guidance on the new corporate brand voice and copy tone, plus reviewed, edited and approved all campaign content (100s of emails/ landing pages, and 50+ marketing assets).
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams — From determining lead scoring and the next A/B tests with marketing ops, to gaining insights from subject matter experts, to handling editorial reviews, I kept communication flowing and projects moving forward to meet tight deadlines.
- Establishing brand voice and copy tone — As part of the corporate rebranding efforts, I helped establish Lexmark’s new brand personality and voice, as well as copy tone. I started the corporate brand and copy guidelines for the marketing department.
- Optimizing the nurturing campaign based on analytics — I worked with key stakeholders in weekly reviews of the campaign’s results based on Eloqua reports. We optimized lead gen results by conducting a variety of A/B tests.
- Lexmark’s biggest product launch — The company introduced 42 laser printers and multifunction printers (MFPs), 22 of which were “smart” models that provided touchscreen access to workflow solutions integrated with Perceptive Software. I established Lexmark’s new brand voice and guidelines for this launch, developed brand messaging “themes” to help position the products, and wrote and edited launch materials, which involved guiding a two-person content strategy/copywriting team.
- Social media & content marketing programs – I developed a comprehensive, integrated social and content marketing plan that supported the brand awareness and demand generation campaigns. The program outlined benefits, rationales, strategies and tactics. It covered social channels including LinkedIn, Twitter and the corporate blog, featured an editorial calendar, an event marketing social media strategy, a content repurposing plan, an employee engagement strategy and more.
- Telesales on-site training in Barcelona Spain — Lexmark had established a new telesales center in Spain and needed to train the EMEA sales team. I researched and wrote a comprehensive set of sales battlecards to get them up to speed, and was then sent to Barcelona on the training team. Battlecards focused on: key vertical industries, target audiences segmented by buyer personas, and customer pain points as well as relevant solutions that would help solve the customers’ issues.
- Corporate website rebranding — I was responsible for assessing, editing and writing several industry solutions sections. This included integrating website content from Lexmark’s acquired company Perceptive Software. Other responsibilities included content strategy and SEO.
As Social Media Reporter, Blogger and Photographer…
Assignments included covering leading industry conferences and corporate-sponsored events. I held discussions with customers, analysts and influencers about industry topics and trends, Lexmark and Perceptive Software brand perceptions and more. Two of my blog posts were ranked in Lexmark’s Top 5 most clicked on blog posts for 2013. Here are some highlights:
- National Retail Federation Annual Convention and EXPO (NRF 2013) New York – I scored an on-the-spot interview with Juicy Couture, a top fashion retailer and key Lexmark customer—then wrote an event/customer testimonial blog post that resulted in the highest website hits on the corporate blog that year. I was also the corporate event photographer.
- Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS 2013) New Orleans – At this leading summit for Health IT professionals, I was the Lexmark event photographer for the Perceptive Software booth and tradeshow activities, President Clinton’s keynote address, and the Mardi Gras-themed corporate customer event—in addition to covering man-on-the-street interviews.
- Lexmark Analyst Summit 2012 — I interviewed industry-leading analysts who came to Lexmark’s headquarters to hear about the company’s next chapter in providing world-class MPS and business process solutions. Analyst Angele Boyd from IDC offered great insights.
The conventional wisdom is that printing and imaging is turning into a services industry. However, it’s interesting that Lexmark doesn’t talk about their strategy that way. They don’t talk about becoming a services company; they talk about becoming a solutions company trying to solve business process problems where there are pain points, which is a pretty unique way of thinking about the business.” — Angele Boyd, IDC
- Lexmark and the PGA of America Golf Championship 2013 Rochester – As the corporate sponsor, Lexmark was the sole IT hardware and solutions provider, delivering technical expertise, streamlining processes and ensuring connectivity. I secured an exclusive behind-the-scenes interview revealing how Lexmark helped make the event a success, and wrote a popular blog post on it.